Wednesday 23 January 2013

Snow Day,

So due to the fact that I'm only actually in lectures for one day a week I've had more than enough time to play in the snow recently. I'll admit that when I first saw it falling from the sky last Friday I was almost as excited as any little kid is on Christmas Eve - this is mostly because where I'm from we NEVER get snow, something about being too close to the sea I'm unsure really - anyway, along with a few of my flat mates the snow was our playground this past long weekend.

I've spent hours outside, so much so that every part of my body aches from running, ducking and throwing snowballs at people who used to be complete strangers but whom I'd now gladly call friends. The snow really brought everyone on my campus together, we had a massive snowball fight then all gave in and came inside for hot drinks it was really sweet.

Walking up the hill to my lecture today was a scary life threatening task and I wasn't sure I was going to make it, there were a few moments where it was touch and go and there was a very real possibility I was about to find myself face first in the icy slush. Pretty much everything has melted away now and it's a sort of sad feeling, although as I write this I can see it starting to snow again so who knows we may have a few more days of cold fun left afterall.

How do you feel about the snow? Love it/loathe it? 


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment